New to Bitcoin? Make sure you read the things you need to know about the Bitcoin Market in Canada. We've put all you need in this updated post!

Coincards.ca: eGift Cards & Physical Gift Cards

testmantestman Member Plus
edited July 2014 in Business And Bitcoin
Saw this on reddit:
CoinCards.ca is a site dedicated to bringing merchant adoption through gift card sales. Coincards.ca can have Gift Cards sent directly to you or your family by Mail/Courier when possible or Anonymously through Email. They will be working to add more vendors in the future.

Some of the big name vendors offered include:
Costco
Canadian Tire
Cineplex
ToysRus
Best Buy
Future Shop
Home Depot
NCIX.ca
Memory Express

There is 5% Fee added at the time of checkout.
I am he as you are he as you are me, and we are all together. See how they run like pigs from a gun, see how they fly.

Comments

• Hey Everyone, I run CoinCards.ca so if anyone would like to ask me any questions I am happy to respond :D
  • CoinGuyCoinGuy Administrator
    @DaStuff‌ you should strike an alliance with @el_darwin‌ :D he is doing great stuff with ecards. He doesn't touch the physical cards aspect- so he might have some insight. In terms of physical cards I know there was a request for grocery cards like for Sobeys (in the past).
  • Grocery Stores and Gas companies are two items I would like to add, however they make it extremely difficult to obtain their cards. These may be available in the future, however there would be extra fees so I really would like to stay away from that. I will continue to try to be creative and figure out a way to add them though. I would love to be able to have solutions available so our entire lives could somehow be bitcoin driven. Hopefully gift cards is just that first step before we can scan a QR code at the pump!
  • CoinGuy said:

@DaStuff‌ you should strike an alliance with @el_darwin‌ :D he is doing great stuff with ecards. He doesn't touch the physical cards aspect- so he might have some insight. In terms of physical cards I know there was a request for grocery cards like for Sobeys (in the past).

Thank you @CoingGuy !
    Hi @DaStuff‌ ,
    I have certainly received request for YesToBitcoins.com that are only physical cards, I would love to send this suggestions your way :)
    So far the interesting companies that offer physical gift cards and don't offer a virtual version are:
    IGA
    Loblaws
    President Choise
    Massimo Dutti
    TicketMaster Canada

Please if you know of companies that offer virtual cards do let me know. The mission of YesToBitcoins is very similar to the one of your site, to promote the adoption of bitcoins by mayor companies.

Merci

-A. Darwin

• Thanks @el_darwin‌, I think we over lap on a few products but also have our differences :)

Unfortunately the cards you listed are not accessible to me at the moment even in physical form (Except ticketmaster which we do have already), although id love to add any of them if they do become available.

-------------------------------------------------

Just an update, I've added the following:

Domino's Pizza - Pizza and bitcoin go so well together. :)
    Cactus Club
    Molly Maid - Yes even get your house cleaned now with bitcoins! :D

Unfortunately all cards have a $100 minimum. This is because they have a shipping charge which takes about half the service fee below this point.

Any other Suggestions are welcome :)
  • Just added SPUD.ca today.

SPUD.ca Offers Sustainable and Organic Foods delivered within the Vancouver, Victoria, Calgary and Edmonton Areas.
  • 5% extra charge. Can I ask how much bitcoin costs for a $100 gift card?
  • The current $100 price is based on Bitpays exchange rate at the time of transaction.

The charge is my operating fee (Hosting, time to process order, etc.). It also covers shipping costs on some cards which do not offer shipping or for cards that I physically go and purchase to mail out.

If I can manage to get volume discounts from the card vendors, then I will of course lower this fee. Obviously I would love to have a 0% fee unfortunately its not possible at the time. The fee however is not converted to FIAT and stays in BTC where it will be used and pushed back into the economy.

Thanks to those of you who have ordered. Appreciate the support and keep the suggestions coming. I will be adding "Clancy's Meat Company" within the next day. :) Working on possibly getting Save-On-Foods for the west coast.
  • Hey guys, Another update for today!

I have added 4 Gasoline chains into our card offerings! We all know Gas is expensive, and a huge part of all our lives if we own a car. Now you can trade bitcoins for Gas cards at Shell, PetroCanada, Chevron and Husky.

Let me know if you have anymore suggestions or comments!
  • CoinGuyCoinGuy Administrator
    @dastuff awesome! Have you thought about Bell or Rogers?