New to Bitcoin? Make sure you read the things you need to know about the Bitcoin Market in Canada. We've put all you need in this updated post!

Virtex Shareholders

Comments

• CoinGuyCoinGuy Administrator
    edited April 2015
    @superbit thanks for joining, we have been here two years ;) I guess I need to do a better advertising job, but I don't have 6,000 BTC like some other forum operators :p I appreciate you spreading the word :)

As for shares, I don't know if anyone has emailed Coinsetter yet, but he seemed open to answer any questions. What the answers are I do not know. I do know there is a meeting in Toronto today. Maybe someone in the area can also ask these questions. Info on the meeting was posted in this thread: https://coinforum.ca/discussion/2617/bitcoinwhales-meetup-in-toronto-with-new-cavirtex-ceo
    edited April 2015
    I should add, I am not a shareholder, but thought things were resolved when I read this on their blog:
    The acquisition was completed through a negotiated agreement with CAVIRTEX voting shareholders.
  • MikeXBTMikeXBT Member Plus
    CoinGuy said:

I should add, I am not a shareholder, but thought things were resolved when I read this on their blog:

The acquisition was completed through a negotiated agreement with CAVIRTEX voting shareholders.
    As per my understanding: Majority voting shareholders made this decision... So basically Joseph Toth and 1-2 others. Neither virtex clients nor bagholders of CAVirtex Havelock buyback shares were consulted prior to this sale of client info.
    edited April 2015
    @mikexbt, I was a client and I was not consulted, but I would not be expected to. If the issue is still open, @Josiah does welcome the questions (as he noted above). Although we are not privy to the answers-- unless someone wants to share them. The fact is, I am not a shareholder, so I am not sure what needs to be asked. I don't think there is malice with the new owners, but they may have not been told the truth from the old owners. I guess we will see...
    Any updates on this?
    @User1 or @superbit did you ever get a resolution. Curious minds like me and @mikexbt are curious :p
  • They emailed me back and basically said you're not forgotten but no plan is in place at this time. Sorry for slow reply, was on holidays.
  • I got this email not to long ago.

Hey ******,

Thanks for reaching out, and I apologize for the delayed reply. This week we made substantial progress on formulating our plan to bring Cavirtex non-voting shareholders into Coinsetter. We are not complete yet but hope to be able to reach out to everyone by the end of May or early June. We’ll reach out sooner if possible. Once we reach out with information, we will most likely then gather a meeting which in which shareholders will be able to vote on our proposed offer. Let me know if you need anything from us in the meantime.
    Best,

Jaron Lukasiewicz
    CEO | Coinsetter
    568 Broadway, 11th Floor | NY, NY 10012
    edited June 2015

We are not complete yet but hope to be able to reach out to everyone by the end of May or early June. We’ll reach out sooner if possible.

I assume still no real updates? A bit shocking that a plan wasn't formulated prior to the database sale months ago.