New to Bitcoin? Make sure you read the things you need to know about the Bitcoin Market in Canada. We've put all you need in this updated post!

The NYSE is down

Last I checked the New York Stock Exchange isn't exactly Mt Gox. Zero Hedge was also hit temporarily then UAL. NYSE is still down at the moment.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102806720

Comments

• apotapot Member
    They must be converting to using the Blockchain /s
  • BruceWayneBruceWayne Member Plus
    @apot begin the NYSE-QT vs NYSE-XT debate
  • CoinGuyCoinGuy Administrator
    edited July 2015
    All this proved to me is news, good or bad does not change Bitcoin price, like it seemed to do in the past...
  • BruceWayneBruceWayne Member Plus
    @coinguy I think there's hundreds of Bitcoin bot-scripts out there. I'd actually wager that a good number of trades done by human as very low. If everyone's trying to scrape a 0.6% trade gain it becomes exponentially difficult to break out of that range other than human intervention in putting a massive order which breaks out of the usual 20% orderbook range. Don't get me wrong; I can bot trade but I just find better results hand trading and ran multiple tests against bots I wrote and found over longer than three weeks hand trading works out better. Alts are difficult if not fucking impossible to figure out. It's like Dogecoin back in December 2013; it seemed invincible but now it's kind of not around as much any more. Everyone had Doge quotes everywhere and now I'm looking at Litecoin as that "me too" trade where everyone's grabbing on after it already made it's move. Everyone's celebrating $0.20 like it's the greatest thing to happen in the world when I've been sitting here since $1.40 two months ago lol
  • "technical issues" - nothing to do with the ongoing cyberattacks... ??