New to Bitcoin? Make sure you read the things you need to know about the Bitcoin Market in Canada. We've put all you need in this updated post!

Canadian Elections 2015 Results

How are you feeling about the results today?

Comments

• barehunterbarehunter Member Plus
    What, no comments? I'll bite.

I'm not overjoyed. I am surprised people forgot about the Liberal track record. I thought the conservatives were low key for a decade of rule.

We had the Duffy thievery at $150 thousand or more. The liberal sponsership thievery was up to the tune of $100 million and the Gomery inquiry cost at least $14 million. *

Justin Trudeau is a nice new face. What scares the hell out of me is the spending he plans to do. Running up a big deficit is fine he says and the "budget balances itself". Obviously, he is following in his father's footsteps. Pierre went crazy with the spending and the results hurt working class Canada.

PET left us with a $25 Billion deficit in 1984 which had been $0 when he took office. The national debt went from $12 billion to $128 billion during his reign. *

Remember the high interest rates of the 80s? These were a direct result of the national debt and deficit. The wealthy were jumping up and down for joy. High interest on their bank account.
    The young working class struggled. People lost their homes. Many could not manage the 20+ % rate on their mortgages.

Don't tell me the liberals are different now. Its still the old guard running the show. Didn't anyone see old Cretian with his hand on Justin's shoulder?

I don't have a lot of sympathy for the conservatives either. Harper and the Ford brothers. WTH was Harper thinking ... lol.

* numbers taken from various sources on the net and may not be perfectly accurate but you get the gist.

• CoinGuyCoinGuy Administrator
    @barehunter I might be a sucker. I'm with-holding judgment now, but I think change every ten years is good. I guess we'll see what he does, but I'm not fearful. I think bad things happen when parties get over concieted. I'm thinking the first Trudeau mandate should be okay, because being outside government is still fresh...
  • barehunterbarehunter Member Plus
    @CoinGuy
    I agree. Change can be good. Trouble is I don't see change except for the face.

I'm prepared for the worst and hoping for the best.
  • I initially modeled a NDP win. Which was probably the worst case scenario for everyone (I know, politics is a bad topic for everyone but if you care about prices this matters to you) but after Russia started dominating counter-terrorism I think his platform of "only I can protect you against an organization who can easily be defeated by a serious threat unless you vote for me" failed for the conservatives there was only one real choice.

I actually retooled my projections and am still working on them as we speak. We have a progressive leader who has a personality and, sadly to say, based them on my own recent local electoral loss prior to said elections. I share a first name with our PM-elect and saw those "Let's Talk About J*" ads as my downfall. They weren't talking about me, but, it still rings true during an election.

TLDR; things look bad for the CAD. Our entire economy was running oil. We blew our manufacturing sector a raspberry and let it fail until now when our only redeeming savior was sold and shipped to Mexico at $120/oil. What comes next is key