New to Crypto? Make sure you read the things you need to know about the Crypto Market in Canada for 2019. We've put all you need in this updated post!

Holiday Contest Brought To You By CoinCards.ca [Closed]

2»

Comments

• CoinGuyCoinGuy Administrator
    edited December 2015
    The 5% fee is the standard for any giftcard company dealing in Bitcoin: GYFT and YestoBitcoin charge the same rate. As with any service, with a fee, everyone needs to decide if the value is there for them to use a service.

Let's keep this thread on topic: someone in this community will have the chance to win $50 from coincards.ca.

We can discuss the business model elsewhere on this forum, if we need to. I am sorry if this comes off harsh, but it's really tough to get these kinds of promotions going and I don't want us to alienate other companies from wanting to be generous or have this thread devolve into this kind of debate.
  • Just to chime in on the fee aspect. I don't get cards in bulk so I do not get any discounts on cards myself. I am paying retail price, and my fee is simply to make it worthwhile on my end for processing and transacting. As it is now, I make about 80 cents on a $20 gift card electronic gift card.

5% can seem like a lot at times, but keep in mind that bitpay also takes their 1% of my 5%.

I do this because I love Bitcoin and I actually would love to present companies data that they should simply start accepting btc.

There is another thread on this forum in regards to my business where I am welcome suggestions and comments in regards to my business model.

Thank everyone!
    Hey everyone, just a reminder 2 days until we a movie the winner! Good luck all ;)
    Drum Roll please....

So I took all comments since December 11th, each comment was assigned a random number.

The winner according to the number selected Random.org was connected to the comment by community member @testman

Congrats to him & all that participated! Also thanks to @dastuff and the team at coincards.ca for their generosity!

Hopefully we'll be able to do this again soon :)
  • testmantestman Member Plus
    Amazing! Thanks guys! ;) Awesome contest!
    I am he as you are he as you are me, and we are all together. See how they run like pigs from a gun, see how they fly.
    edited December 2015
    You are welcome @testman. As I mentioned, I hope we can do another contest in the future.

So now the call goes out:
    If you are company with a product or something of wide appeal, please send me a PM.