New to Crypto? Make sure you read the things you need to know about the Crypto Market in Canada for 2019. We've put all you need in this updated post!

Ripple Gets Out of the Wallet Biz

CoinGuyCoinGuy Administrator
edited March 2017 in Ripple
Got this via email:
Over the past two years, our company has honed its focus on building infrastructure technology for banks; thus we are discontinuing operations of Ripple Trade in early 2016. We want you to have a quality wallet and trading experience on Ripple so we are supporting account migrations to dedicated wallet services. We are grateful for all of the support you’ve given to Ripple - thank you!
The initial announcement via email caused confusion they were shutting down, so they had to send a follow-up email:
First, we apologize for any confusion we caused by earlier communications. We continue to support the growth and expansion of a Ripple ecosystem of which XRP remains an important part.

We are pleased to announce that we will be launching an optional migration path from Ripple Trade to GateHub to provide users with a streamlined transition. If you choose to do so, you will soon be able to migrate with just a few clicks.

We believe that GateHub is committed to developing a trustworthy business around the consumer and gateway use case. We are excited to see new and great products building out the Ripple ecosystem.
Read full text of the emails here:

http://us4.campaign-archive1.com/?u=245dbc1c47849f034390dc5bf&id=062166af67
http://us4.campaign-archive2.com/?u=245dbc1c47849f034390dc5bf&id=003cb24906

Comments

• I abandoned Ripple Trade when they wanted my personal info. If I had been using the account for other than storage, I would not have had a problem. I think many jumped ship.
    My coins are sitting in an exchange due to the lack of wallets so I will be looking at Gatehub.

I still have faith in Ripple. It is one of the few projects in the cryptocurrency space with real world use and credibility.

• CoinGuyCoinGuy Administrator
    I got out of Ripple via shapeshift. I'm done with them for good, I think.
  • CoinGuyCoinGuy Administrator
    Latest Ripple Update:

As we communicated last week, Ripple will be discontinuing Ripple Trade on March 31, 2016. Access to your Ripple balances is of the utmost importance to us. Therefore, today we have launched an easy mechanism to migrate your Ripple Trade account to GateHub, a wallet provider that allows users to hold and trade Ripple balances.

This seamless migration is available to both U.S. and non-U.S. users. You can simply visit RippleTrade.com and press the Migrate Wallet to GateHub button to start the process.

Migrating your Ripple Trade account to GateHub is easiest if your identity information has been successfully verified on Ripple Trade. If you haven’t finished this process on Ripple Trade, you can start the migration flow and complete identity verification with GateHub.

All users (both U.S. and non-U.S.) have until March 31, 2016 to migrate your Ripple Trade accounts to GateHub. If you are a U.S. Ripple Trade user, you will not have access to Ripple Trade functionality after January 13, 2016, although you may Log In to access your secret key and migrate to GateHub.

Until March, 31, 2016, non-U.S. users will still have access to Ripple Trade functionality if your identity information has been verified. We will continue to send reminders as we draw closer to this date. We understand that you may not want to migrate to GateHub, and we encourage those users to explore other wallet providers in the RCL ecosystem.

As a company, Ripple remains wholeheartedly focused on building the Internet of Value to make payments seamless and efficient. XRP is not going away; in fact, we think it will continue to grow in value as a bridge currency as banks, non-banks, and users like you continue to exchange value on the Ripple network.
    Link to email
  • testmantestman Member Plus
    Sounds to me like one foot in the grave and one on a banana peel :)
    I am he as you are he as you are me, and we are all together. See how they run like pigs from a gun, see how they fly.