New to Bitcoin? Make sure you read the things you need to know about the Bitcoin Market in Canada. We've put all you need in this updated post!

Bitcoin Mining in BC

MauroMauro Member
edited August 2017 in Bitcoin Mining
Hi everyone I'm already mining in China ( I bought Eth and S9 machines in China and the supplier who sold the machines has a farm in Sichuan-China and I put all my machines there, they are charging me just for the electricity around 0.05USD/kwh). Due a lot of problem with a lot of Farms in China I'm looking to start building mine in Canada (Vancouver or inside of British Columbia). Anyone can give some advices. I'm just trying to start the project. My machines still running in China but I want to find a better place, stability and security.

I appreciate your comments

Comments

• Oh, I see. Well, I do know a person or two involved in mining in British Columbia, but they keep everything a secret. It's a very competitive field :p I don't even know where the facilities are... he used to set up other people's miners and take a small cut of the mining profits. I could ask if he still does that if anybody is interested.
  • CoinGuyCoinGuy Administrator
    edited August 2017
    @BitcoinCooperative Sorry I moved this to a new discussion and your other comment got accidentally deleted, but now it's all good :)
  • I am looking for a way to use electricity that I produce in BC. Would there be an opportunity for someone like me to contract 100's of kilowatts to a miner?
  • @Mauro go to Alberta, the electricity is cheaper than China and it's cold!
  • knoxicknoxic Member
    edited November 2017

I am looking for a way to use electricity that I produce in BC. Would there be an opportunity for someone like me to contract 100's of kilowatts to a miner?

Yes you can. Lol

Dennis
  • Oh, I see. Well, I do know a person or two involved in mining in British Columbia, but they keep everything a secret. It's a very competitive field :p I don't even know where the facilities are... he used to set up other people's miners and take a small cut of the mining profits. I could ask if he still does that if anybody is interested.

Thanks. Sorry for my delay, since last question I haven't sign up anymore. I mining really good in China but I'm moving to Vancouver in March of 2018. I'm looking for some facilities or one partner to build small mine in British Columbia.

In any case please let you friend know about his services, maybe the prices are similar to China.
  • @Mauro go to Alberta, the electricity is cheaper than China and it's cold!

I have few friends there and is true, I will think about it! haha thanks
  • @chadpeterson I am looking for electricity. How are you generating electricity? AKA how reliable is your generation? What level of peak demand could you support? Are you connected to the BC Hydro grid? Is there internet available at the site? These things and numbers are very important to any serious miner.
  • Mauro said:

Oh, I see. Well, I do know a person or two involved in mining in British Columbia, but they keep everything a secret. It's a very competitive field :p I don't even know where the facilities are... he used to set up other people's miners and take a small cut of the mining profits. I could ask if he still does that if anybody is interested.

Thanks. Sorry for my delay, since last question I haven't sign up anymore. I mining really good in China but I'm moving to Vancouver in March of 2018. I'm looking for some facilities or one partner to build small mine in British Columbia.

In any case please let you friend know about his services, maybe the prices are similar to China.
    @Mauro and @BitcoinCooperative I am part of a group starting a miner hosting facility in BC. We are aiming to be operational Q3 of 2018. If you see a way we could both benefit by working together please feel free to contact me.
  • @Mauro and @BitcoinCooperative. We are setting up a large facility in lower mainland BC and should be operational Mach 2018. PM if interested. Thanks.