New to Bitcoin? Make sure you read the things you need to know about the Bitcoin Market in Canada. We've put all you need in this updated post!

Coinbase as a Canadian (but i have accts w/ US banks)

I've been trying to educate myself on using Coinbase as a Canadian resident/citizen; as best I can tell, it seems like the ONLY limitation is that I can't *sell* Bitcoins (because they no longer have the ability to support CAD balances or send money back to CAD debit/credit cards?)

My situation may be different though, in that I have active bank accounts with US banks (and a valid SS# too) from my time living in the US...anyone know if those things will basically let me use Coinbase as though I were, for all intents and purposes, a regular American customer? I'm not a US citizen and currently live in Canada, but otherwise would seem to have all of the pre-requisites for Coinbase, but I can't seem to find any info about ppl in my situation. Would they treat me as a Canadian (limited services) or could I be a full-use "American"?

Comments

• CoinGuyCoinGuy Administrator
    That’s a good question. We can guess, but I think it would be best to ask Coinbase support. Please let us know what you learn. It certainly is a unique situation.
  • markjunkie, as a Canadian resident you cannot trade bitcoins for neither US dollars nor Canadian dollars on Coinbase. You can only trade in between crypto-currencies (like bitcoin to ethereum, or vice-versa).

When you log-in, you'll probably see this:

"Coinbase only supports digital currency purchases in your country. Unfortunately, at this time Coinbase does not offer selling of digital currency in your country. We’re working with local financial institutions to fully support digital currency trading in your country."