New to Bitcoin? Make sure you read the things you need to know about the Bitcoin Market in Canada. We've put all you need in this updated post!

Want to buy Bitcoins First time but Could not decide

All,
I want to buy Bitcoins first time and wana invest 30,000 US Dollars. But I am very confused with two things. 1- Looking for low fees and 2- Could not satisfy myself that how Can I transfer this amount to any exchange whose office is not available and all transactions are online. Please help me out me here to make decision. Your immediate reply will be highly appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Bank wire is the option for you on both - CoinSquare and QuadrigaCX, CS will charge you 0.5% TX fee while it's free on QCX.
  • dubber09 said:

Bank wire is the option for you on both - CoinSquare and QuadrigaCX, CS will charge you 0.5% TX fee while it's free on QCX.

Thank you for your reply. Are you doing trading with QCX ? Do you think I will not be victim of fraud or anything if I transfer amount to them ? I am really scared because this is first time I m investing here. Your feedback will be appreciated.
  • I do deal with QCX and have my confidence in them, they are one of the most reputable in Canada. $30K is not a large sum when it comes to BTC trading or dealing with cryptoes.
    You will need to register with them and go thru an identity verification process before you can fund your CAD account.
  • canucks4lifecanucks4life Member
    edited December 2017
    @dubber09 Sure about that? assuming QCX funding page is current they charge 1% on bank wires also $100K min...ezbtc was the only one from my research who takes bank wires no charge.

https://www.quadrigacx.com/account-funding-withdrawal
  • CoinGuyCoinGuy Administrator
    Just keep in mind, it may be easier for now, for the smaller exchanges who have less scrutiny....but overall Canadian banks are antagonistic and that ease for them could change.
  • @canucks4life You are correct, I was looking at withdrawals as opposed to funding... thank you for catching the mistake, we don't want to misinform each another.
    I think the fact I only sell BTC has something to do with this mistake I made.

@optimistic6 Please accept my apologies for my mistake and thus misleading info provided.
    Please always confirm whatever you hear from people on Internet with your own research.

Also, insure the info is current as things change rather quickly, e.g. CS changed withdrawals fees recently on at least BTC and BCH withdrawals - BTC from 0.001 to 0.0025 and BCH from 0.0 to 0.001. This caused me some inconveniences with an order from Bitmain a few days ago.
  • optimistic6optimistic6 Member
    edited December 2017
    dubber09 said:

@canucks4life You are correct, I was looking at withdrawals as opposed to funding... thank you for catching the mistake, we don't want to misinform each another.
    I think the fact I only sell BTC has something to do with this mistake I made.

@optimistic6 Please accept my apologies for my mistake and thus misleading info provided.
    Please always confirm whatever you hear from people on Internet with your own research.

Also, insure the info is current as things change rather quickly, e.g. CS changed withdrawals fees recently on at least BTC and BCH withdrawals - BTC from 0.001 to 0.0025 and BCH from 0.0 to 0.001. This caused me some inconveniences with an order from Bitmain a few days ago.

@canucks4life and @dubber09 , guys thank you so much for your feedback. It really mean to me. It is very helpful and giving me encouragement. So what will be the conclusion? Should I go through ezbtc ? What about einstein ?
    https://einstein.exchange. Thank you
  • @optimistic6 I never dealt with the two you mentioned above, cannot comment.
  • @dubber09 , thank you for your immediate reply. Actually all these exchanges taking 3 business days for ID verification. That is quite long. I need 2 bitcoins today or tomorrow. If you have any info Please let me know where I can get that ?
  • CoinGuyCoinGuy Administrator
    @optimistic6 localbitcoins will be the fastest