New to Bitcoin? Make sure you read the things you need to know about the Bitcoin Market in Canada. We've put all you need in this updated post!

Where to buy Ledger S Nano in Canada?

CoinGuyCoinGuy Administrator
edited January 31 in Bitcoin 101
So this has been asked a bit, and there was no definitive answer thread, so I figured I would summarize the answers. You can buy the Ledger S Nano basically from 3 places that the community has agreed about:

1. Buy direct from the makers of the Ledger S Nano at their official website here.
2. Buy from Crypto Asylum (Although they are out of stock right now)
3. Buy from Amazon.ca

The real question, though is do you need a hardware wallet? Is it worth the investment? I am old school so I was always pushing the paperwallet, but with so many altcoins now, I think the Ledger really is go to wallet for this if paper wallets is not your thing. The Trezor is also a solid choice, but I have noticed the Ledger has taken the crown in accommodating more coins.

Hope that helps.

Comments

• testmantestman Member Plus
    Thanks @coinguy. I was looking to buy one, and everywhere seemed to be sold out. I bought one direct because it's the best value. Don't really trust buying from a third party on amazon.ca

cheers!
    I am he as you are he as you are me, and we are all together. See how they run like pigs from a gun, see how they fly.
  • I bought one for my daughter on US Amazon just before Christmas for $72.
    @dubber09 I have a tin foil hat. Too nervous about malware being installed if not bought direct.
    I am he as you are he as you are me, and we are all together. See how they run like pigs from a gun, see how they fly.
  • Ledger has instructions on their site on how to check electronics for altering, and I think their F/W is flushed when you initialize the device as new. Well, there is always a thing like 'persistence' technology one cannot remove without knowledge and tools ... I doubt they use it thou.
    Never trust any storage or access device 100%, diversify ;) Split into at least 3 parts.
    Also, go debt free first, keep assets in multiple locations and various forms - cash, physical gold and silver, property etc...
    edited January 3
    @dubber09 Yes 100% The Ledger is part of my diversifying strategy :) I have paper wallets, apps, desktop applications, ect.
  • Thanks for the post @CoinGuy. I bought a ledger nano S in October from cryptoasylum and it took 4 weeks to arrive, as they were out of stock. The manufacturer can't keep up with demand, so best thing is to order and wait. It came in a shrink-wrapped package, so I was confident that it had not been tampered with. I really like the technology and it's easy to setup and use.
  • CoinGuyCoinGuy Administrator
    edited January 4
    @capn_crypto From what I understand, Crypto Asylum can no longer make bulk orders. Now they pay the same price as we do direct. No discount. This is obviously due to demand. You are right though, best to just buy it and wait.
    Mine is on it's way. Seems every service is using or integrating with it now. Glad I didn't wait.
  • I plan on simply using an old slow smartphone that I have collecting dust. And when not using the wallet, the battery will be removed.

I'm just starting now. And I can't justify 70$ for a simple USB stick.
  • CoinGuyCoinGuy Administrator
    Ledger is now out of stock at the factory, but now there is free shipping. More info https://coinforum.ca/discussion/comment/14936#Comment_14936