New to Bitcoin? Make sure you read the things you need to know about the Bitcoin Market in Canada. We've put all you need in this updated post!

Upcoin

JohnnypJohnnyp Member
edited January 12 in Altcoins
Hey guys, don't know if you all have seen the new exchange that's coming. They are giving $500 US in trading fees if you register before they open... looks like it will be a great exchange with lots of coins ......upcoin.com/

Comments

• JohnnypJohnnyp Member
    edited January 12
    @barryweston yes sir !! I figure why not, spent more than 500 so far !! Make sure you use the referral if your passing to friends to join.
  • It "sounds" pretty good. I hope they have plenty of good coins to trade. If not, I'll use the 500 to trade for bitcoin and move on..back to binance😆
  • CoinGuyCoinGuy Administrator
    I am not signing up. Not enough info. Also be careful it says $500 in EXCHANGE fee's, when their exchange is open.

If you do sign up, consider not to do it with your main email and use a password you would never use on anything else.
  • And here I thought I would post and do people a favor by saving them $500!😶
    @Johnnyp in crypto the first rule is to be skeptics. Once you lose a couple of thousand dollars you get better at sniffing out and asking questions. There is nothing free....

And I appreciate you sharing too. I just want everyone to be careful. Heck I could be wrong too. I just have so many exchange accounts I can manage — so don’t be hurt I am not signing up ;)
  • @Coinguy.. thank you. It's because of you I have saved hundreds in commissions these last 2 weeks so when I saw 500 in free trades I thought let me share this with everyone, I even added to another section in here...lol take it down if you think it's a con...PLEASE
  • jackasjackas Member
    edited January 13
    Quoting Upcoin in 2017: "More than 1000 currencies will be available right from the start. [...] You will also be also able to buy or sell tokens of the most profitable ICOs."

That's insane. I'm not saying it's impossible, but the technology required to do that is very complex. I would be surprised that a brand new company from 2017 can pull this out. Besides, they first announced a $500 discount for the first 400 users. They now claim 400K registration, but the discount is still on the table.

Again, I'm not saying Upcoin is shady. The website is neat and the platform looks nice, it's good marketing. But, considering what's going on with Kraken and how difficult it is to withdraw money from exchange platforms in general, I'm very curious to see how Upcoin's opening will go in March.

@Johnnyp : Thanks for the info!
    I will leave it for now. I did delete the other posts as no need for dupes ;)