New to Bitcoin? Make sure you read the things you need to know about the Bitcoin Market in Canada. We've put all you need in this updated post!

Transferring Coins to Wallet

Hi gang. So I've been reading up on the introductory threads and actually purchased my first few coins through Coinsquare and I'm wondering if anybody knows how to transfer my coins to my wallet? I have a desktop wallet and want to transfer it there. Thanks

Comments

• Um, after reading the Help section on the Coinsquare site, and other areas, it looks like I have to do a "Withdraw" of some sort (which I think is a transfer because I don't want to sell the coins) but I also have to wait for the settle over the course of the coming days in order to see them there and to be available to transfer
  • PradaPrada Member
    Yes u need to withdraw your coin (eg btc) and then send it to the wallet address which looks something like this
    a35grshud47dh32dgfsq1452
    Then wait
  • @Prada ok thx a lot - appreciate the response. B)
  • CryptoIronManCryptoIronMan Member
    edited January 17
    Do you guys know if Coinbase allows you to transfer coins you've purchased on their platform to a separate wallet like a hardware wallet? I realize Canadians can't sell on Coinbase, but I want to make sure that if I get some coins, I can get them to a more secure, suitable location/wallet.
  • CoinGuyCoinGuy Administrator
    @CryptoIronMan Yes you can transfer coins to your wallet from any exchange. Just use "Withdraw" option and then send to the address you want for your more secure option.
  • JPSainteJPSainte Member
    edited January 17
    Oh fantastic! I want to accumulate a coin collection over long-term and selling isn't a priority so this option could work for me too
  • Hi there, I'm a new one here, also purchased my first coins on Coinsquare, did all docs for ID verification to be able to withdraw when needed but it's been more than 5 days and verification is still "in progress"... Should I wait longer or open a ticket with them??
  • If U go to your withdraw section you should be able to see a drop down with specific dates as to when u can withdraw/transfer bitcoin or whatever u plan on doing with it. In my case I made a couple deposits and I have different dates given to me with respect to when I can move funds/coin ..usually several days withholding