New to Bitcoin? Make sure you read the things you need to know about the Bitcoin Market in Canada. We've put all you need in this updated post!

Bitvo - New Cryptocurrency Exchange (Quick Deposits/Withdrawals, Low Fees)

Hi everyone, just wanted to let you know that we recently launched Bitvo at https://bitvo.com. We are a cryptocurrency exchange with the goal to make it as easy as possible to buy, sell and trade Bitcoin, so we created the Bitvo guarantee. With the Bitvo guarantee, we guarantee same day deposits and withdrawals, instant account registration and 24/7 customer service. We also have low fees, so please consider us the next time you're looking to buy or sell Bitcoin - we want to make it easier for you!

We have just launched, so give us a try the next time you want to buy or sell Bitcoin and we'll show you how easy the process can be!

Comments

• CoinGuyCoinGuy Administrator
    Hey all,

We’d love some reviews here too if you use it ;)
  • testmantestman Member Plus
    I haven’t used @BitvoExchange — so many players in the space, so little time. However, I do appreciate the clean website and transparency around the team on this page

https://bitvo.com/about-bitvo

I’ll do a bit more digging this weekend and probably try you out. I need another exchange.
    I am he as you are he as you are me, and we are all together. See how they run like pigs from a gun, see how they fly.
  • Hi @testman - thanks for your comments on our website and team! We'd love to hear about your experience with Bitvo when you've had a chance to try us out.
  • Their Verification (KYC) takes too long and to my own experience I believed they should be more clear stating on their site that if you signup for their services, you basically wont be able to use it for days. The disadvantage also with this site is that there is no actual wallet and you cannot buy directly Bitcoin, you first need to fund your account then buy Bitcoins thereafter. I much prefer Coinbase setup but I do believe that Bitvo will get it right in the future.

William Currier
    Calgary AB
  • Hi @willcu888, first of all, thanks very much for using Bitvo! We're sorry for the trouble you had. About 75% of our customers are verified instantly, but we understand that you had an issue due to a change of address and that took us about 36 hours to resolve. Given your troubles, we refunded the amounts you funded to your account.

You are right that in order to buy Bitcoin on our platform it takes two steps: you need to first fund your account and then purchase Bitcoin from there. We will definitely look into trying to streamline that further so that the deposit can be immediately used to purchase Bitcoin. For future reference, there are wallets for each fiat and cryptocurrency on our platform, so you can deposit Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies by signing into your account and selecting "Fund by Cryptocurrency" from the options to deposit.

We hope that you continue using Bitvo in the future and we’d be happy to help with any other issues or questions you may have!
  • OussyOussy Member
    I just registered and used it to buy some ETH, Funding fees and rapidity are the best available among the Canadian exchange platforms. While the funding and the withdrawal are the fastest there is, the support topics for the cryptocurrency withdrawal needs more details (there is an email confirmation for each withdrawal). The cryptocurrency withdrawal is a little bit complicated for nothing. Instead of automatically calculating the transaction fee (1%) and deduct it from the transferred amount, you have to calculate it yourself and submit a withdrawal order of the amount that you wish to receive.
    Ex: If you have 1 ETH in your account and you wish to withdraw it, If you submit a withdrawal order of 1 ETH, you will receive an insufficient funds message. You have to submit a withdrawal order of 0.99 ETH. The process can be more easy by allowing to enter the whole amount (1ETH) and displaying the amount that you receive (0.99ETH). Needless to say that having a withdrawal option of withdrawing the whole available amount is a must and smth that is available in all wallets and exchanges.
  • Hi @Oussy, thanks very much for your comments and for using our exchange! We really appreciate your feedback on how we can make the cryptocurrency withdrawal process more straightforward, as we are always looking to make every aspect of our exchange as smooth and user friendly as possible. We’d also like to share that a “withdraw all” option is in development, so we will be pleased to have that option available as soon as it is ready!

Thank you very much again. We hope to see you using Bitvo again soon!