New to Bitcoin? Make sure you read the things you need to know about the Bitcoin Market in Canada. We've put all you need in this updated post!

power of 40,000 S7s in Antpool

Current hash rate is 795,000 TH/s, and Antpool is 24%. That is the equivalent of 40,000 S7 miners, which would consume about 50MW of power.
By the same math, Bitfury has the equivalent of 30,000 S7 miners.

Comments

• In a way you've answered a question of mine about pools and miners, computing power stacks... still...I don't mean to sound like a noob but what advantage would you gain by using a 100gh/s miner in a big pool vs a smaller pool at lets say 35TH/s. Or perhaps you did invest in that whopping bad boy the antminer s7 and can produce the 4.66th/s. without errors. Not that any of us want to run around with pity or charity case equipment, but if you use that same mentality when renting a cloud space what exactly would your 4.66th/s-5.6th/s hashing rental pay.. in a massive pool like that ? vs home equipment. Or am I mistaken..
    My math might be off but 795000 th/s divided by each machines capability of 4.66 th/s is 170600 s7's. you might as well go out and buy a lottery ticket... the chances of it paying are greater. I think the trick here is to know where to dig.
  • The size of the pool doesn't change your payout rate.
    You can use one of the many mining calculators to see that 4.73TH/s will earn US$9-10/day at current prices and difficulty.