New to Bitcoin? Make sure you read the things you need to know about the Bitcoin Market in Canada. We've put all you need in this updated post!

Member Conduct

CoinGuyCoinGuy Administrator
edited January 2017 in Meta
This discussion was created from comments split from: Taurus changing business model. I thought this whole bit was derailing the thread.

Comments

• BruceWayneBruceWayne Member Plus
    @MikeXBT I would be very surprised if people's interest in your pet project of a bought forum would even draw a person or two here. Even buying low-hanging fruit is very questionable. Now, really. Why are you trying?
  • MikeXBTMikeXBT Member Plus
    @MikeXBT I would be very surprised if people's interest in your pet project of a bought forum would even draw a person or two here. Even buying low-hanging fruit is very questionable. Now, really. Why are you trying?
    @BruceWayne As is often the case, I have no idea what you're trying to say. Please rephrase via the queen's english.
  • CoinGuyCoinGuy Administrator
    edited January 2017
    @MikeXBT.... I can explain the bought forum bit. It seems @BruceWayne is under some mistaken opinion that you dictate how things work here because I have Quadrigacx banners on this website, even though you left them as you mentioned 11 months ago.

In short, essentially, this is Bruce's way of accusing me of being a sell out. Not sure why, but he has accused me with veiled insults a couple of times.

I never saw an issue with showing a couple of banners for Canadian Bitcoin companies that let me defer my costs. It's how most websites work and people are free to use Adblock.

Also my stance and philosophy about this place has not changed since day one. I wanted to create a safe place to have constructive discussions about the Canadian Bitcoin market and help promote Bitcoin in Canada.

If Quadrigacx or any advertiser ended up truly being a bad company or there were significant complaints, the banners would be swapped out. I also have no issue with calling out any advertiser if I felt it were justified. I am not beholden in any way, because I'm the one who chooses which banners show.

At this point I wouldn't let Bruce get to you, he has his moments where he sees conspiracies where they do not exist...

I should add, I appreciate what Bruce adds to most discussions. Other forum admins, if they were bought, would ban Bruce, or censure his comments. That's not how I roll.

##Edited for clarity##
    edited January 2017
    @MikeXBT.... I can explain the bought forum bit. It seems @BruceWayne is under some mistaken opinion that you dictate how things work here because I have Quadrigacx banners on this website, even though you left them as you mentioned 11 months ago. In short, essentially, this is Bruce's way of accusing me of being a sell out. Not sure why, but he has accused me with veiled insults a couple of times.
    If I owned this forum, I would have forced @BruceWayne to keep his word when he said that he was quitting/leaving this forum like a year ago by banning him. I obviously have no leverage over this forum, and @CoinGuy is far more forgiving and willing to take defamatory abuse than I am. I would also be more active. I posted here five times in six months between June and December 2016.
    I should add, I appreciate what Bruce adds to most discussions.
    @CoinGuy We also differ in our opinions there. Scrolling over his posts (few months, not all 893 of them on this "bought forum" which he despises so much), I see more insults and nonsense than value, by a very very large margin.
    edited January 2017
    I'm sorry you feel the way that you do @MikeXBT about posting here, but I don't think that's Bruce's fault. I think anyone here will see I give everyone the benefit of the doubt.

People stop posting for various reasons, like the market went to shit for months. I wasn't the only community that saw a drop off in activity. Try posting more often and see if you are personally attacked. It won't go very far with me.

I think I offer a much safer space then bitcointalk or Reddit. People asking tough questions is fine in my book as long as members are sticking to ideas, facts or concepts. This is proper discourse. I can't sanitize people's opinions, but I will not tolerate attacks on the person.

As for defamatory remarks towards me or others, I only have only so much patience....
    edited January 2017
    I'm sorry you feel the way that you do @MikeXBT about posting here, but I don't think that's Bruce's fault. I think anyone here will see I give everyone the benefit of the doubt.
    @CoinGuy I think you misunderstood my post. I was inferring that if I owned this forum, I would have been more active. Not that I was scared off by Batman.
    Oh I see what you mean. Yes of course. Running a forum requires lots of work, more than people realize :)